This town has almost as many names as cats have lives! It's been called Bonnie Clair, Clare, Clair, Thorp, Gold Mountain and Thorp's Wells. Born in the 1880's, it grew as additional stampmills were constructed. In 1906, it became a stop on the Bullfrog-Goldfield railroad. It was to become the main stop for goods bound for the Gold Mountains and with the Las Vegas-Tonopah passing through a year later, Bonnie Clare become a center of commerce. That is, it was until nearby Rhyolite died. Two decades after the railroads arrived, the railroad stopped serving Bonnie Clare dooming the town. Remnants of the Hardluck Mine in Bonnie Clare provides an excellent photo opportunity.
For more: Ghosttowns.com
- Bonnie Clare